Tuesday 4 September 2012

Remember Me




Remember me

Remember me when autumn leaves
Have climbed inside this earth, blood red 
And deadly shades of gold.
I’m older than the count of days
Each morning sun ignites
And older still than all the aching thought
That sucks the marrow dry.

Hear me cry, oh hear me thrust
This anguish dipped in dirt and dust
Through ages turned as pages
In the book of buried love.
Dig then, friends, dig deep
And laughing weep no more 
For dreams that sing and lead us
Into sleep. 
Rouse yourself, for heavens sake, 
Wake and want the heart so much,
In pain you flame and burn.

This fire, it lies forgotten
In some shallow pit of days,
Where only charred and ashen faces
Hold the memory in their gaze.
Yet sparks survive in corners 
Of some devilish shining eyes,
Whose light is but a bright reminder
That the darkness never lies.

It longs for love, it pines
In perfect pain, for all the tears
To fall as rain and wash the wanting
Of a frozen heart away.
"Play with me, come closer still,
My touch is such that silence whispers
Gently in my wake.
Stand a while and linger in the 
Shadows of my breath. 
Don't be upset when soft upon your
Shores I sit and sing the tide alive.
My medicine is poison to the 
Separated mind, yet such a cure
For deep despair inside it's
Bitterness you'll find.
Remember me."

No comments:

Post a Comment